On August 6th, after 12 wonderful years together, my sister and Frank had to say goodbye to their sweet dog, Astro. He was truly a member of the family from the start! He was such a big boy but you would never meet a more gentle soul! He would absol
utely never hurt a fly...he may have licked you to death, but that's about it! And for that he was aptly nicknamed, "Licky Poo"! I know there will be a huge void in the Moriarty home without their precious Baby Boo Boy, but it's so comforting to know that he lived the best life possible. He was the happiest dog with the biggest personality. So happy, in fact, that he outlived the life expectancy of a Rhodesian Ridgeback by years! I think he didn't want to give up the sweet gig he had too early! I will miss my doggy nephew, Astro with all my heart and I will make sure to always give Nellie lots of extra love and kisses in honor of him. Snooze away sweet boy. I love you! xoxo
Astro made his way into many of my photos over the years!!! Above, Travis and Astro are catching some zzz's before our big New Year's Eve celebration!
Always one of my favorite spots in Leigh Anne & Frank's house...snuggled on the couch between sleeping dogs!
Dad giving Astro some pets!
One of the first glimpses of what a Licky Poo he really was!
Such a great picture of best buds, Astro and Frank!
Astro was always so gentle! I love this picture of my nephew taking him for a walk!
The last time I hung out with Astro was New Years 2011/12. He was of course in his usual spot on the couch!
Such a happy Baby Boo Boy!
Travis was also very fond of Astro...how could you not be!?
Jack and Licky Poo just chillin' in July of 2011!
He loved to find those sunny spots!
Giving me kisses!
I am really going to miss my doggy nephew! I've known him almost as long as I've known my brother in law, Frank!
Such a noble pup. xoxo









2 comments:
He was a great dog! Nice entry Brooke.
He really gave dogs a good name!
Post a Comment