Travis and I just got back from a FANTASTIC vacation aboard the Disney Dream! We were fortunate enough to go with two of our best friends, Mark and Robby! We had the best time and cannot wait to do it again sometime!
My countdown to the DREAM! I find that when you are anxiously awaiting an event, it's better to count down in the amount of sleeps you have left rather than days. Sleeping zooms by!
On our way to the ship!
We could see the ship in the distance!
First picture in front of the ship!
So excited to board!
Mark does a lot of pointing in pictures, so this seemed like the perfect shot! This way to the ship!!!
The ship made it's maiden voyage in January of this year, so it's brand spankin' new! It was so shiny and clean! Just gorgeous!
Pictured above is the stunning chandelier in the Atrium of the ship. This is one of the first things you see when you board. I have to admit...I got a little choked up when I set foot on the ship. Of course, in true Disney fashion, they make you feel very special by announcing your family's name and have characters cheering for you as you enter! When they said "The Disney Dream welcomes The Finlayson Family" and I looked over to see Pluto cheering for us and up on the balcony to see Goofy jumping up and down, I got a little misty!
While we were waiting for our state rooms to be ready, we enjoyed our first lunch at Cabanas! It was a delicious buffet of goodness!
Mark and Robby's room! 9048!
Our little home for the week....Room 9052!
The room was beautiful and so clean!
Disney puts the magical touch into every detail!
We were lucky enough to have a verandah room, which we really enjoyed! This shot was taken by Mark and Robby from there room!
It was quite convenient, because there was only one room in between us!
Happy to be on vacation! :)
Once we settled into our rooms, we headed to the "Quiet Cove" pool which is an adults only location on the ship. It was a small little pool, but for the times we used it, it was great! Look at those guns!!!
Enjoying some ice cold waters!
After a little R&R by the pool, it was time for the "Sail Away" party!
Just a few minutes away from heading out onto the open sea!
Mickey and the gang put on a little show to pump everyone up for the trip!
5-4-3-2-1.....BON VOYAGE!!!!....Didn't realize the zoom was on! Hehe...
See ya later Port Canaveral!!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment