Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's Eve 2008....Year of the Cocktail Weenie!

Travis and I had a fun and (as always) ridiculous time with Leigh Anne, Frank, Baniela, Wayne, Jack and the doggies on New Year's Eve. Leading up to the countdown, we played some games, had some good food and general merriment!
Usually on NYE we run outside and bang pots and pans together, but this year we had a sleeping baby upstairs, so Leigh Anne and I decided to bang paper plates instead. My banging instrument was the ever popular cocktail weenie. Hers was a fork.

Bundled with Baniela and 2008!
Kissing my fiance right before the year of our wedding!
Happy New Year!
Needless to say, Jack did not wake up!
This is what Jack was doing at the beginning of 2009!
This is what the doggies were doing at the beginning of 2009!
This is what I was doing shortly after the turning of the year.

You may be wondering who I am spooning with in these pictures. The dog pictured above is Maxie! She belongs to Frank's brother and his family. Frank and Leigh Anne were dog sitting for her over the New Year. As you may be able to tell, I liked her just a little bit! They are very lucky they got her back!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice scarf!
The banging of the weenie and paper plates is hysterical!

LEHIGH ANNIE BLOG said...

I love this post! It really captures the ringing in of 2009 in all of its splendor! I had such a blast having you and Travis home, and doing all of the wedding stuff. I can't believe how quickly it all comes and goes!

Miss you!
Love,
Lehigh

P.S. We were quite resourceful with the paper plates and cocktail weenies!

Anonymous said...

Have Lehigh and Franks neighbors asked them to move yet??

Uncle Dennis

Dan said...

That's funny, Baby Jack and Funcle Dan rung in the new year just about the same way. No co-sleeper for me, though.