Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Years and Festivus Day!

After a fun filled evening of cocktail weenie music making, it was finally time for Festivus morn! Since we can't all get together on Christmas morning, we've created (with the help of Seinfeld) our own gift giving extravaganza called "Festivus"! Usually we do it on New Years Day, but it has been earlier and later than that in the past. This year Festivus fell on the 1st! After getting up early and accidentally setting off the house alarm, I was ready for cinnamon buns, coffee, gift giving and general merriment!
Jack was way psyched for his first Festivus!
Astro wasn't sure if it was time to head downstairs yet.
Frank told him it was ok.
Bella and Maxie were waiting for the "OK" as well! And I think Pookie was under the bed.

Jack took a nap to rest up for the gift giving. I think he was chilly.
Astro, Travis and Bella were ready to start gifting!
Bella used to have no home! Leigh Anne likes to remind her of that on loop. But not in a cruel way, more in a "you are Mommy's baby monkey and I can't believe no one wanted you" kind of way!

Jack was ready to go for a jog!
Look at the hands on that kid!
Jack received a Finding Nemo "Squirt" stuffed animal from Trav and I.
He also scored a bear to add to his collection!
Curious George from Leigh Anne and Frank!
My niece, Bella posing with her Mom!
Alright! I scored a VHS of "Star Crash" straight from "Funcle Dan's Bad Film Theatre!" Can't wait to pop that bad boy in! Thanks Funcle!


This year we did a Secret Santa gift exchange. I had my Mom as my Secret Santa. She got me some really awesome gifts including a personalized tote bag for the week of the wedding. Just 9 more months till I'm officially a Finlayson! :)
Travis and Baniela sporting some of their Secret Santa gifts!
I was so happy because my best friend from high school, Marissa stopped by. It was so great to see her and catch up. I miss her!

Jack with his Gramma and Grampa!
Wayne and Baniela!
It was an awesome Festivus! :)

No comments: