As I wrote in my last post, 2.28.12 was my 18.5 week ultrasound where we got to find out the gender of our baby. It was the weirdest and coolest thing ever! Everyone kept asking me in the days leading up to the appointment what sex I was hoping for and I can honestly say I didn't have a preference. But, as soon as I heard that the baby was a girl, it just felt perfect! I know if it had been a boy, I would've been just as happy, but it's so neat to be able to start imagining life with a girl! It's like her identity really began yesterday!
It took the tech awhile to be 100% sure that she was a she. As you'll see in the photos below, the baby was kind of lounging with her legs up and crossed. The tech said that she was pretty sure of what it was, but wanted to keep searching until she was positive. After awhile of looking at different angles and moving the baby around a bit, she said "Ok! I know! Are you ready? You're having a girl!" I was so shocked! I know that I shouldn't have been because really there was a 50/50 chance all along, but I was just really was sure that the baby was a he! We kept asking her if she was positive and she said she had no doubts. It's so weird how a million things run through your head as soon as you hear...you kind of have a flash of what life will be like and I think it's going to be awesome! I loved looking over at her Dad and seeing a huge beaming smile on his face. Travis is going to be the most incredible father. I'm so blessed to be going through this with him. Seeing him with her is one of the things I'm most looking forward to. Seeing my two loves together will be so amazing....throw Nellie in there with them and I think my heart might explode!
As you can see she didn't move around into too many different positions. We actually thought for a minute or two that the tech wouldn't be able to tell what she was! Baby was just maxin' and relaxin' in there!
The tech finally got a look between her little legs hence the GIRL confirmation on the picture! Hehe...
Oh! The night before the ultrasound, I felt her moving for the first time! I was laying in bed and I felt a little pulse type feeling against my tummy. It was like a little muscle spasm feeling, but it didn't hurt at all. It kept happening over and over, so I knew that it was her! It was awesome! I can't wait till she decides to say hi again!
I can't believe how much I love her already! We can't wait to meet her!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
She's so cute!!! I'm so happy to be having a daughter! And I'm so happy it's with you!! Love you Brooke! Love you baby girl! Love you Nellie!
I had to catch my breath (and stop crying) before I could comment on this entry. Brooke and Travis -- you are going to be wonderful parents and I can't wait to see you with your baby. It's such a special time for all of us. xoxo
Post a Comment