Thursday, November 11, 2010

Our Trip to Jamaica!...Part One!

Travis and I wanted to take a vacation to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary and my 30th birthday. We ended up finding an incredible deal for a week long vacation at an all inclusive resort in Jamaica. So, away we went!
Here we are at Orlando International Airport waiting to get on the plane!

Welcome to Jamaica!

We had arranged for transportation from the airport in Montego Bay to our resort. But, we did make one stop for a few minutes at a little shop along the way. It was a pretty neat little place!

Our bus to the resort! Did you know they drive on the "wrong" side of the street in Jamaica?

Travis buying some water in the shop.

On the porch of the shop.

It was a pretty dreary day when we arrived, so I didn't snap any pictures of the lobby, but don't worry....there are plenty later on! Pictured above is Travis in our room!

Ready for our first dinner at the resort. Sadly, the food at the resort was not it's strongest suit. We found everything else to be great, but the food was definitely lacking. That being said, we did not go hungry during our week long stay!

Our first breakfast! I will say, the coffee was pretty darn good!

We had an ocean view room which we really enjoyed.

Enjoying some coffee before getting ready for the beach!

Reading on the balcony!

The main lobby!

Our first drink at the beach. Now as I previously stated, the food was pretty bad...the drinks on the other hand were deeeelish!

The ocean was so warm, you could just walk right in!

One of the beaches had a jerk hut, which was actually pretty good. We enjoyed that a few of the days!

On a hill overlooking Sunset Beach.

It rained a little bit in the afternoon pretty much everyday except the last one. But, it really wasn't a problem because there were covered walkways all over the resort.

Travis on the main lobby staircase! As you can see, many parts of the resort were covered, but still open air. So, even if it was raining, you weren't cooped up inside. You could still watch the rain and feel the breeze.

Travis and I on the main staircase!

The main pool was the biggest pool I've ever seen in my life! It was massively huge!

Laying on the beach!

Sunset from our balcony!

Dinner out...night 2!

It was pretty humid in Jamaica. I had just gotten a hair cut and it's been so nice in Orlando, I didn't think to bring any of my curly hair products. Needless to say, my hair had it's fair share of problems that week!

Breakfast at the restaurant over the main pool!

I love this picture! What a hunk! :)

Here comes the sun...doo da doo doo!

Hehe...

During the rainy hour or so in the afternoon, Trav and I liked to go up to the lounge on top of the main pool and play games while we watched the storm!

I guess Trav had one too many rum punches!

Reading on the beach!

Pretty sky at the beach.

Corn hole!


Dinner out....night 3!

The main pool at night!

This night we tried out the Asian restaurant, which suprisingly was one of the best we experienced during our stay at the Grand Palladium!
**********
Stay tuned for the rest of our trip! :)

No comments: