Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Wedding Planning: Making the Invites!

It was fun to make our own invitations! We were really happy with the way they turned out. Thankfully, we had a lot of help!

Some friends came over to our place for an Invitation making party! David, Robby and I worked on the ribbons and hole punching...
...while Claire, Mark, Mel and Trav were taping!
Nellie didn't help out that much.
David and Robby were hard at work, while I kicked back with a glass of wine!
And then we took a picture of what was actually happening, so that I didn't look like a total jerk! (Again, the picture above was staged...I was not just sitting around drinking!)



We took a break and had a lovely dinner all together!
Travis and I celebrated when the invitations were finished! It was amazing how quickly the whole process went with 5 people helping us out!!!

Hooray! Our invites are done!
***********************************
Buuuut.....we shouldn't have gotten quite so excited! A few weeks later, I went to look at the invites and realized that they way we had been storing them had actually caused them to warp a bit! So, Trav and I had to take off the ribbons to flatten them for a week or so before heading to NJ. Luckily, they were pretty easy to put back together and easier to transport to the Jers!
So, here we are again, putting ribbons back on the invites!
Working away!
We finished the invitations...
...and then we ate a cupcake.
A few weeks later, my parentals headed to the post office...
...and away they went! (That's my Mom and Calvin, the Cologne, NJ Post Office Worker!)
**************************************
Thank you so much to Mark, Robby, David, Claire, Mel, Mom and Dad for helping us out with our invitations! We appreciate it so much! xoxo

No comments: