Sunday, November 18, 2012

Our Bee-u-tiful Halloween!

Halloween was extra fun this year because we had our little chunky monkey to dress up! 
We were the bumble bee family! 
She was not a huge fan of her costume. Unfortunately dress up time for Halloween comes right at her fussy time of the day before bed. Had "trick or treating" been in the morning, I think she would've enjoyed it much more! 
Of course Nellie dressed up! You may not believe me, but I swear this dog likes wearing costumes. When I pull one out, she gets very excited! I know these pictures do not reflect the previous statement!
Side view of the bumble bee! 
Back of the bee!
Serious bee.
Oh how I love this little bee!
Nellie and Eden!
Chubby bee. 
This is when things started to go wrong for my two bees!
But, we managed to snag one more good picture!
Skeletons!
Our best buddies, Mark and Robby came over for dinner along with Robby's parents. We enjoyed some chilli and good conversation while the trick or treaters came to our door! 
Eden was done with the whole costume thing, so she didn't make it out for our annual Halloween walk. 
But, Nellie surely did and she was a hit! She had lots of little kids coming up and wanting to take pictures with her! She's such a great dog....very sweet and patient! It was a wonderful Halloween! My guess is that Eden will like it a lot more in years to come...once she learns about the "treat" part of the holiday! :) 

1 comment:

Travis said...

Very fun night and a big thank you to Mark and Robby for watching Eden while Nellie "trick-or-treated." I'm very lucky to have such beautiful bees in my family! And what you said about Nellie is very true. She absolutely loves wearing costumes, but as soon as you put it on her she becomes perfectly still, almost as if she doesn't want to ruin it. It's the same focus a child has when you put a baby in their lap.