Sunday, November 23, 2008

Leigh Anne Moriarty - Star of the Blogs!

This week, my sister, Leigh Anne has been the star of two of the family blogs: The Jack Report and Ryan's World! I thought I would keep with the theme and take this opportunity to make her the star of A Brookish Blog as well!

My sister, Leigh Anne (aka Lehigh Annie) is my best friend and I always have so much fun with her! It stinks that we don't get to see each other nearly enough but when we do, we like to make it count! We usually do so by talking about how small Nellie and Bella are or finding a phrase that we latch onto and repeat as many times as possible during our visit. The Sciscio motto is: if it's funny the first time, it's funny the 587th time! Frank, Travis and whoever else may be around always find it equally as funny as we do. Ok.... so they rarely even find it funny the first time, but their eye rolling sure doesn't stop us from carrying on with the incessant repetition!

Here's a picture of me and my sis at Thanksgiving dinner circa 1986/87. Groovy hair!

Leigh Anne is really one of the reasons I got into theatre. When I was 5 years old, Leigh Anne was in her first high school production of "Hello Dolly." She copied the record soundtrack onto a cassette tape for me and I would listen to it every night as I fell asleep. By opening night, I knew every word! I remember taking my seat in the theatre, pillow in hand just in case I fell asleep. I was only 5 after all! Needless to say, I did not use that pillow! I loved seeing Lehigh and friends on stage so much that I came to every performance of the show. My Mom said I probably could've gone on if they needed an understudy!

The above picture shows Lehigh and I after a production of "Guys and Dolls" that I did in 1999. She was in "Guys and Dolls" her senior year of high school as well!

"Hello Dolly" and "Guys and Dolls" will always hold a special place in my heart because seeing my sister perform in those shows was really my first taste of the theatre. I'll never forget it! I guess I have Leigh Anne to blame for wearing a sparkly blue unitard and dancing around with a bunch of fish everyday! :)

My sis and I striking a pose for a Christmas photo in 2001!

That's Leigh Anne....being Leigh Anne!

Me, my sis and the cake she made me for my Ithaca graduation!

Banging loaf pans with skewers on New Years Eve 2006!

Although this entry is all about Lehigh, I'd like to give a quick shout out to my brother, Wayne! I miss him so much and can't wait to meet my little, itty bitty nephew, Jack! Jack is so lucky to have such a great Dad!


I feel pretty blessed to have such awesome siblings....even if they did sing "Thriller" through the basement vents to terrify me while I was playing school as a child. Now they don't sing "Thriller" quite as much and we always have a ridiculously fun time together! It's so cool to know that no matter time or distance, with them, it's always so easy to pick right back up where you left off! I love you! xoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me cry. I am so fortunate to have 3 wonderful children who love one another so much and always enjoy being together. You are right -- time and distance doesn't diminish the closeness that the Sciscio Sibs have for one another. Thanks Brooke for putting it into words. xoxo

WTS said...

Do--do--do--do-do-do...Scrawled in blood...

We can't wait until Baby Jack gets to meet his Auntie Brookles. We will work on his "special greeting" for the next several weeks so he has it perfected by the time he meets you and Uncle Trav. We love you too.

LEHIGH ANNIE BLOG said...

Brookie-I am so touched by this entry and thank you so much for what you said. I'm so happy to have the best sister and brother in the world and despite some big age differences and geographic challenges, we are all still so close, and each picked people to marry that just 'fit', each in their own way. I live for when we all get to be together and can't wait to celebrate this holiday season with our new nephew as we look forward to Travis and your big 2009. Love you so much-Lehigh