Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Eve! Let's Carve Pumpkins!

The night before Halloween, Travis and I decided to carve some pumpkins! I had never carved one before, so it was sure to be an adventure! How hard could it be?

First we cut off the tops and took out all of the goo. We saved the seeds to bake of course!

There's me and some goo!

We bought a Disney pumpkin carving kit, complete with tools and patterns. Trav decided to carve Buzz Light Year from Toy Story. I chose Mike Wazowski from Monster's Inc.

The carving turned out to be a slow and difficult process for me, but Travis created a Buzz Light Year masterpiece! Since he finished first, he started to help me with Mike.

Unfortunately, he made one wrong cut and then Mike was nothing but a giant hole with two legs!

Trav easily fixed the hole problem by turning the pumpkin around and doing a good ol' jack o' lantern on the other side!

Nellie was a little bummed that she didn't get to carve a pumpkin with us. Luckily she had her one armed friend, Mr. Pumpkin to hang with!

Nellie needed to check out the Jack 'o Lantern!

So, basically I ended up having no part in the creation of either pumpkin, but we had a fun time none the less!

1 comment:

WTS said...

Nice carvings!! Did you have any trick or treaters? If so, did you give them a baggie of goo?