I had the pleasure of directing "A Bridge to Terabithia" for the Warren Acting Company in Mount Dora, Florida. The show had it's opening and closing night on 11/22/08! With a very limited amount of rehearsal time, the cast managed to do a fantastic job! I was so impressed with and proud of the kids!
I absolutely love directing children in theatre and hope to do more of it in the near future. It is the most exciting and rewarding experience to watch the kids start to grow as performers, gain confidence and have fun doing what I have loved doing my whole life!
The cast and crew of "A Bridge to Terabithia".
Travis was my assistant director for this production. I was so happy to have him there helping out! Pictured right is our good friend, Amanda Warren. She and her husband Joel are the founders of the Warren Acting Company. Travis and I have so much fun with them!
Some of the girls backstage before the show!
The cast working on a few props for the play!
Check out the Warren Acting Company's website:
3 comments:
Congratulations on what looks like a very successful Florida directorial debut! You looked beautiful. I can't wait to hear all about it!
Love,
Lehigh
xoxo
When I saw the first picture I thought to myself, "Wow! Who is that huge kid in the back left? He needs to be playing basketball, not acting. Or maybe he was the kid that was left back several grades." Upon further inspection, however, I realized it was Travis." Congrats to both of you!
Brooke - Congrats to you and Travis on your directing debut
Post a Comment