On Thursday, July 19th 2012, at 11:46 pm., Eden Kathleen Finlayson was born and just like that my world was changed forever!
The most joyful and overwhelming moment of my life.
I'm not sure if it's even possible, but I think I love Travis even more now that Eden is here. He is truly a dream of a husband. He took such incredible care of me through my pregnancy and supported me through labor. During the hard or painful times of labor, seeing his kind face made me feel safe. He helped me to get through it and see the light at the end of the tunnel. I love you with all of my heart Travis Finlayson!
It's unbelievable how quickly you can fall in love with someone you just met!
My baby is finally here! I still can't believe it!
She had this quivering lip when she cried that just melted our hearts!
Hey! I know you! :)
I know I'm her Mom, so I'm a bit biased, but I just couldn't get over how beautiful she was! How was she inside of me mere moments before!?
One of my favorite pictures of all time!
There's that lip again!
Me and my baby. I love her more than words can describe.
Eden weighed in at just about 7 pounds 7 oz and was 20.5 inches long.
Getting cleaned up!
Footprints!
Eden and her Dad. I love seeing them together! Travis is just so in love!
Eden and her Grandma Finlayson! She is so blessed to have such wonderful Grandparents!
Our best friends catching their first glimpse of Eden. They are just incredible friends. Mark, Robby and Claire spent the majority of the day at the hospital, between taking care of Nellie and picking up Mom Finlayson from the airport. They are so wonderful!
Eden meets her Uncle Mark!
Auntie Claire!
And Uncle Robby!
She was so alert and awake even after everything she had gone through! I guess she wanted to see what life outside the womb was all about! After all of the excitement and our visitors headed home for the night, Travis, Eden and I were left alone in our labor and delivery room for awhile. We have never been so tired in our life...but so excited at the same time! I think the nursers forgot about us, because I had to call the them to ask if we could go to our room. Finally, at some crazy hour of the night, I was taken to our room, while Travis accompanied Eden for her first bath. Awhile later, our clean, little angel was wheeled back into our room, and the three of us settled down for our first night together as a family! What an incredible day!!! :)






























1 comment:
I love you too Brookie! And I can't thank you enough for doing all that you did to bring our little angel into the world. You did such a great job and I'm so proud of how well you did!
Post a Comment