Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Baby Time! Off to the Hospital!

Well, around 1:30 am on Thursday, July 19th, I was pretty sure my water had broken...not positive...but pretty sure! I was also pretty sure that I was having contractions. We decided to wait it out till the morning to call the doctor. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep that night! Once the morning rolled around, we called the doctor and they had us come in right away to check me out. We had a pretty good feeling that this was "it"! 
 We decided to pack the car before heading to the doctor just in case we were sent to the hospital. Nellie really wanted to come with us! She kept hopping up in the back of the car! 
 Once at the doctor's office, it was confirmed that I was definitely in labor and they told me "I think you're having a baby today!" I kind of couldn't believe it. I really felt like she was going to stay in there for a little while longer! Guess she had different plans! After the doctor, we headed to hospital, but stopped for a protein smoothie first at Planet Smoothie! I knew once I was in the hospital I wouldn't be allowed to eat anything and I wanted a little energy boost to get me through the hours ahead! Since we had been checked by my doctor at the office, we didn't have to wait in triage. We were able to get a direct admission which was kind of awesome! Pictured above is me in the lobby of the beautiful Winnie Palmer Hospital waiting for our room! 
 We were taken to the 2nd floor of the hospital and after waiting in the tiniest waiting room imaginable, we were taken to our room! I was feeling the contractions, but still feeling pretty good at this point. 
 Our room. 
 Monitors keeping track of my contractions and the baby's heartbeat. 
 The excited Dad to be! 
 Still doing ok!
 Things started to take a slight turn at this point. I wasn't progressing quite fast enough, so I was given a small amount of pitocin to increase my contractions. I was feeling them a little more, but it was still bearable. 
 I wanted to do as much walking as possible to help move things along before my epidural. Travis and I (along with Mark and Robby for a bit), roamed the 2nd floor halls! 
 Travis was the most incredible support to me. 
 Claire came to check in on us! 
 Finally, after what seemed like forever, an increased pitocin drip, and getting the epidural twice it was time to push! I was terrified!
Here we are around 10 pm. Our last picture before becoming parents! 

1 comment:

Travis said...

I'll remember this day forever, but it's getting harder remembering the days when we weren't parents! I love my family!