Monday, April 9, 2012

Hippity Hoppity Easter Day Is Here! 2012

Easter started off in our usual way...with a fun scavenger egg hunt for Trav! :) I....um I mean the Easter Bunny has so much fun writing little clues that lead Travis to each egg. It's our little tradition that we'll have fun doing for our kids too!
 Finding eggs....
 Nellie's wondering if there are any treats in the egg!
 
 
 Nellie really likes to get in on the action! She's like a little kid!
 The mailbox....a classic hiding spot!
 My little sweetie!
 Nellie, jumping and barking at Trav rattling the egg! She's in pounce position in the photo above!
 Yay! He found the basket! I think Trav is excited to help our little one find the eggs when she's old enough!
 Happy Easter!
 A few of our friends also had off on Easter, so we decided to hold a little brunch!
 Our table...pre food!
 Our spread! It was scrumptious!
 My friend Claire Longest (aka. Little C) made these adorable mini cupcakes! They are almost as cute as she is!
 Our wonderful friends.
 Mmmmm....I love brunchy foods!
 Claire and David!
 Mark and Robby....who happened to be celebrating their 7 year Anniversary on Easter! They are one of the most fantastic and meant to be couples I've ever known. They just belong together!
 I couldn't ask for a greater husband. He always takes such great care of me and makes me feel so loved everyday. I love you Travis...with all my heart!
 Who's excited for some bocce ball?!
 Alright!!!!
 Claire showing off her muscles....she was in it to win it!
 Nellie....back in her Toronto Blue Jays scarf! Unfortunately, the scarf wasn't able to work it's magical winning powers...the Jays lost. Boooo....
 Action shot!
 What bocce game would be complete without a little ballet!?  
After our company left, Travis and I made a delicious dinner of turkey & stuffing meatloaf, cider gravy, sour cream and chive mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus! Yum! And the best part is, we have leftovers for days! :) It was a really nice Easter and I was so thankful to be surrounded by Travis, Nellie and our Florida family! 

2 comments:

Momma said...

Certainly a fun-filled day! Glad you could spend it with some of the people you love.

Travis said...

Maybe we shouldn't have a baby so I can keep doing the egg hunts!