Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Trip to NYC for Lily & Vito's Wedding - The Reception

After the ceremony, we headed over to Coney Island for the Cocktail Hour and Reception. Let me tell you...I have never seen or eaten so much food at a wedding in my life! The "cocktail" hour was a whole meal in itself! They had a room with a huge raw bar including: mussels, clams, oysters, octopus, calamari, shrimp...etc! Then there was another room that had Chinese and Italian food representing Lily and Vito's culture. There were egg rolls, dumplings, fried rice, eggplant parm, tripe, spaghetti carbonara, stuffed mushrooms, stuffed zucchini, stuffed peppers, crackers, cheese and a whole pig! Woh! We were absolutely stuffed by the end of the cocktail hour!

The place card table!
Cute place card!
Posing with Lisa and Steph!
Daniel and Trav!
Max and Lauuren!
After the cocktail hour, we headed into the reception! Pictured above are the gorgeous center pieces!


The room!

Lauren and Steph! I always have so much fun with these girls!
Trav, Daniel and Troy looking handsome!
It's a tradition in Vito's family to wrap ribbons around the Bride and Groom as they do their first dance!
The Bride and Groom's sweetheart table.
Lily made a few costume changes! Here she is looking ravishing in her red Chinese dress!
Travis and the beautiful Bride!
Me and my great friend, Lily!

Dancing the night away!
We're next! Ahhhhh!
'
As if the cocktail hour wasn't enough, at the reception we were fed a 5 COURSE MEAL followed by a huge dessert room! I have never eaten so much in my life. For the main course we had a choice of lobster tail, fillet or red snapper. Travis and I went for the lobster tail(s). It was delicious!!!
Daniel and Me!
Lily dancing with her Dad.
Lily's 3rd and final dress of the night! So pretty!
Since I had 3 weeks left as a "single lady" I went for the bouquet...but did not succeed!
The guys go for the garter!
They threw multiple, so Trav wound up with one! Looks good!
Lily and Vito with their bobble head cake!
*********************************************
We are so happy that we were able to be there to see our great friends Lily and Vito get married. The whole night was an absolute blast. I love my World of Disney friends so much and it seriously felt like I had never left! That's the mark of true friendship! :) I can't wait to see everyone again on 10/10/09!!!!

1 comment:

LEHIGH ANNIE BLOG said...

All the pictures are great! It looks like you really made an effort to try to catch the bouquet. I wonder if you thought that would really secure things for 10/10! :) Lily looked lovely!