Sunday, July 5, 2009

My Canadian Bridal Shower!

Trav's side of the family threw me an awesome Bridal Shower in Canada! It was so much fun and I was completely touched by the whole day! First, we flew up to Rochester and spent some time there and then we got up bright and early on Saturday and drove up to Toronto! Travis went to a Toronto Blue Jays game with many of the guys in the family, while the ladies had an excellent afternoon together!

Bright and early and Canada bound!
Thumbs up for Canadian Maple Doughnuts!
The girls and I posing with our Tim Horton's and the Whisky Man right outside of the Duty Free Shop at the Border!
We made it to Trav's Grandma's house! Above, I am sitting in my designated seat for the shower! :)
Posing with my (soon to be) sisters in law!
Me and Mom F. were matching in our black and white!
Some of the decor!
The shower had a Canadian/American theme! So, as you can see all of the decorations were red, white and blue!
Trav's Aunt Carol made this adorable Maple Leaf filled with Trav's pictures!
As Marsha said, "Travis and Brooke's wedding is an international affair!"
Everyone signed the Bridal Shower dog with marriage advice and well wishes!


Wendy brought along some festive balloons!
Another shot with Amber and Sheena!
A balloon bouquet!!!
Enjoying some snacks with Hailey and Sheena!
Sharing a photo with Carol!
I received some beautiful, decorative measuring spoons from Jade! I love them!
Since it would be a challenge to get gifts back over the border into America, the ladies threw me a "paper shower". They generously gave Travis and I money to buy some of the things that we registered for. They also gave me a cook book and everyone contributed recipes to it! It was so sweet!
Although it was a "paper shower", I did receive a few things to open up. Mom F. gave me a very neat gift. She collected all of Trav's Christmas ornaments and wrapped them up for me! It will be so fun to go through all of them when we are decorating this year! It was such a special gift and something we will always treasure!
Everyone was so generous and thoughtful!
Me and one of my bridesmaids, Amber!
Amber and Sheena were in charge of the games and they came up with some really fun ones! One of the games was a "How well do you know Travis?" quiz. They asked me a bunch of questions about Travis that they had already asked him the answers to. For everyone question I answered incorrectly, I had to chew two pieces of gum! I think I ended up chewing 11 pieces! Yikes! Although, I did debate with Travis over a few of his answers.

Chewing away!

I am so thankful to everyone who came to the shower to celebrate with me! I loved getting to spend some time with many of Trav's family and friends! I am so lucky to be marrying into such a terrific family! It was a special day that I will always remember!

Big thumbs up for Marsha and Carol! They spent so much time organizing and planning the shower and everything turned out perfectly! Thank you so much again for everything! xoxo

4 comments:

LEHIGH ANNIE BLOG said...

Everything looked lovely! So glad to see you are about to be part of such a wonderful and kind family.

Love from your big sis!
Lehigh
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Sooo amazing Brooklet! Your family loves you so much. Did I see Maple doughnut on there... um... yummy!!! You looked stunning, by the way!

Ame

Melanie said...

Your dress was gorgeous!! You looked beautiful.

Liz Holmes said...

It looked like you had a wonderful shower - I am so sad that I couldn't be there!! Love Liz