Monday, November 2, 2009

Wedding Weekend - Rehearsal Dinner!

The Rehearsal Dinner was a blast! Mom and Dad Finlayson hosted a wonderful event! I had a lot of fun getting ready in my hotel room while hanging out with all of the Orlando peeps! My friend Andrea did my hair and make up and I was so glad because I was very anxious and excited. If I had done it myself I probably would've had eyeliner on my cheeks or something! I was totally calm cool and collected until I started to get ready for the dinner. Then I started getting the excited butterflies! So, thanks Andrea! :)

After getting ready, I headed downstairs to meet my parents and Trav. The dress I wore was actually made from my my Mom's wedding gown! I can't take credit for the idea though! My friend, Ashley, from Nemo had the idea for her wedding back in '08 and a few of us have copied the idea since. Another Nemo friend of mine, Zoraida, just happens to be an extremely talented seamstress! She completely recreated the dress, yet still was able to incorporate much of my Mom's original gown into it. I couldn't have been happier with the way it turned out! It was perfect!
My Mom knew that her gown was being recreated but I kept the design of the dress a secret, so it turned out to be a fun surprise for the night of the rehearsal!
Me and my Momma!
In the lobby of the Wingate Hotel with Billy, Amber and Sheena!

Me and the parentals!
Posing with my (then) fiance!

My Bridesmaid and best buddy, Claire!
The dinner was at a restaurant called Ventura's. Mom and Dad Fin did such a great job of planning and organizing it! Above you can see the adorable "Brooke & Travis" candy bars and the cutie place card holders!
Travis and his main man, Keegan!
Mom and Dad Finlayson!
Travis and I with Aunt Kathy!
Mom and Lehigh!
Two of my Bridesmaids, Claire and Steph!
My lovely flower girl, Jade!
Me and Steph...my first and best friend at Ithaca College!
My new sisters!
Smiling with Liz and Ian. Ian gave a beautiful toast that we will always remember!
Trav with more of his favorite guys, Jay and Tom!
Trav and his sisters!
Me and Baniela! I miss her so much!
Dad with his girls!


Posing with the Dads!
With the Moms!



It was so awesome to have heard so many wonderful toasts and speeches at our rehearsal dinner. Dad F. kicked it off with a wonderful toast, followed by my brother Wayne and Trav's Godfather, Ian. They were all so touching and meant so much to us. We would like to thank Marsha, Steph, John, Jay, Tom, and Kathy for the words that they shared with us, as well as Tim and Carolyn for their beautiful dinner blessing.
After dinner it was time to give out our Bridal Party/Parent gifts! Trav and I were so happy to be able to say a few words about each person and how much they mean to us. I gave the girls, monogrammed tote bags (made by my Nemo friend, Amy), jewelry for the wedding (made by my Nemo friend, Ame), flip flops for the reception, and a framed picture. Travis gave his boys (and Dads) monogrammed cufflinks, a framed picture and socks! Trav gave his Mom an adorable framed picture of the two of them when he was a baby. Last but not least, I gave my Mom her gift.
Zoraida had a lot of extra fabric after taking apart my Mom's dress. I didn't want to see it go to waste, so I had the idea of creating a double frame decorated with material from the dress! Although I had the idea, I cannot take credit for the creation of the frame itself! My friend, Amy from Nemo put together the frame from extra fabric, lace and buttons on my Mom's dress. My friend David took the picture of me for the frame. Boy! Do we have talented and generous friends or what?!


Me, my Mom and the frame!
After the wonderful dinner we headed back the hotel to get a good night's sleep before the big day! This sign was in the lobby, so of course it presented a photo opportunity!

Trav walked me to my hotel door and said goodnight for the last time before becoming husband and wife! Of course we documented the event! :)

Although we were all pretty pooped, it was nice to have Amber and Sheena sleep over in my room the night before the wedding. They kept me company!
***************************************************
The day before the wedding was fantastic day that I will never forget!

No comments: