After spending lots of time in the crashing waves of the ocean, we headed to the sound side and had some fun in the bay. Amber, Billy, Sheena and Jade did some searching for fish and other critters, but I steered clear of that! I spent the time throwing the ball around and playing with Nellie. She absolutely LOVED the bay. We were very surprised she went in the water because she normally HATES it. We think because it was calm water and it was shallow enough for her to walk in, she felt comfortable playing in it. It was adorable to watch her jump around in the bay.
Amber, Billy and Sheena pose for a picture on our walk to the bay!
On the walk back from the bay,we found a little turtle
right by the house.We kept him for about an hour,
but all he did was poop, so we let him go free.
We went down to the beach and had a camp fire!
There, we roasted marshmallows, sang songs and got spooked out by what we thought was an old lady in an abandoned beach house. Turns out it was just headlights from cars reflecting on the window of the house. We had a great time!
Everyone looks so serious!
Me and my bubs hanging at the camp fire!
Trav, Nell and I had an absolute blast on vacation at the Outer Banks. We are so lucky to have two awesome families who we love spending time with. We can't wait for the next time we can all be together!
We came across this sign on the way up to North Carolina but weren't quick enough to get the camera out. We wrote down the exit and were ready to go at 5 am on the way back! :)
**Note - You're probably saying to yourself "Where are all the pictures of Nellie? There's no way they went an entire week and didn't take a picture of her!" And, in fact, you are absolutely right! You see, Nellie really wants to write her own entry about the vacation, so that will be coming soon. And don't worry there will be plenty of pictures! You'll practically be able to do a flip book of her week at the beach!

4 comments:
Glad you had a great time. Looks like fun. I wish I could have been there to sing songs around the camp fire. I love to do that!! Actually, I usually beat-box and/or rap around the camp fire. Also, if you go back next year could you please take one of those square slates from that end table seen in the picture of everyone on the couch. I have the same table in storage but I'm missing one of those slates. Thanks.
Great minds think alike. When we drove past the Travis Rd sign Daddy said we should take a picture for you. Guess we don't have to now!
I've been down Travis Road and I don't want to go back anytime soon.
Wayne...no problem. I'm on it! :)
Post a Comment