Thursday, December 1, 2011

Decking the Halls! 2011

So many people I know start celebrating Christmas as soon as Halloween is over, but I have a strict policy against that! According to my rules, the day after Thanksgiving means it's officially time to "Haul out the holly" and start "Decking the halls"! I don't listen to a single Christmas song (except the ones your forced to hear in the stores), put up a single decoration or watch any Holiday movies a moment sooner.  But, once Black Friday hits, it's Holiday mania from there on out!!!
At the end of the Holiday season I put away Nellie's Christmas toys. So, it's like they are brand new when I pull them out every year! She goes nuts for them!!!
New wine glass ornament that Trav and I purchased during our time at the Finger Lakes wineries!
One of Trav's childhood ornaments!
Nellie wasn't feeling the decorating!
One of my favorite ornaments from the year I was born...1980!
Putting the star on the living room tree!
Travis and Nellie posing with a Travis and Nellie photo ornament!
Disney Cruise Line 2011 ball!
We added to our outside display this year! I know it's hard to tell from the pictures, but there is now a tiny reindeer in front of the bushes and some gifts and a tree on the porch!
Relaxing with some egg nog in front of our newly decorated tree!
The Finlayson house is officially decked! It's been a great start to the season already!

1 comment:

Travis said...

I can't believe Christmas is already here!